New guy, with questions about new foundation for garage.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadallante87

Reaction score
Hello I'm new here. I'm a young home owner that is handy but still inexperienced. I'm trying to get a steel garage going up in my yard. I have no doubt that I can put the structure up just don't know about the foundation. I've been at site where non professionals have done there own. Did not seem to difficult. I'm just wondering if it's not worth sub contracting the job out. I don't have a lot of money and was wondering what a job 25' X 30' would cost. 4 inches think. Looks like I'm allowed to have a 1' x 1' footing, Illinois. I have or have access to pretty much every tool or equipment. I'm not looking for perfection as it will be semi-temporary. Also what is concrete going for a yard now. I believe I'm going to need 10 yards for that job, correct?

Well... if I was going to build a steel garage I would want someone to at least come out to give me prices and ideas.
Not being from your area I have no idea on costs.

Having a couple of folks come out and explain options is always good. Getting a professional to start the foundation is always better. Most of the time you end up with less headaches. This is good for when the building goes up and it is level and plumb.

Nothing worse that chasing a building around the foundation.:D

Contractors joke.:D

Back