Fire Pits and Trees

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking to install a fire pit. I guess, technically it's a fire ring.

There is a lot of space around the site where the firepit will go, but a few large branches are above it, say 20'. At that height, any concerns of the limbs catching on fire?

For reference, looking at buying something like this: http://firepitideas.net/landmann-28312-28-inch-big-sky-steel-fire-ring/

Thanks in advance!

Based on my camping experience it probably won't catch on fire unless you build a very big fire. That said, it will likely cook the branch to death. Any chance you can prune back the tree of the lower branches?

I knew someone named sparky would know about catching things on fire….. :clap::rofl::beer::clap:

Depends on your friends. I've had some over but it always seems, usually after a few too many beers, that small fire becomes a raging inferno.

And call your insurance company and see if you catch the tree on fire and burn the house down, are you covered. just a thought...:2cents:

Thanks everyone, great suggestions. Pruning might help a little bit, I'll get up there and poke around a bit.

branch 20' away for a fire pit is very doable. IF, the fire pit is used for a normal camp fire type of fire.

20' is not ok, for raging bon fires fueled by beer and whiskey

Back