New guy from Ohio

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92sb4x4oh

Reaction score
Good evening everyone. I am a 58 yo male that is getting ready to start some major DIY projects in my main home and also a second home that we are trying to sell. My main home was built in 1925 and in 1969 the previous owners had an addition put on the back of the house. In August 2009 we had the kitchen and 1/2 bath remodeled. I need to have the rest of the house rewired so that I can insulate the 2nd story to save money on heating and cooling cost. The rewiring is required because the old wiring is know and tube and the law here in Ohio says you cannot insulate with it installed. I have gotten quotes of between 8 and 10 thousand dollars to get it done. I hope to try and do some of the wiring myself as much as possible. I will also have to put in hard wire smoke detectors because it is a code requirement now. I plan to take out all the outside walls so that I can insulate after the wiring is completed or as it is completed. The insulation that I am going to use is the Roxul comfort bat and safe and sound between interior walls and floors. So with all the work that I have planned for this house I hope to get a lot of good advice from this site.

Welcome aboard, we will do what we can to help out. Plenty of good folks here who have been there.:welcome:

Latest posts

Back