buying a condo painting ceiling from glossy to dull

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gghrt000

Reaction score
Hello guys, I am going through condo purchase and before I do the walls and floors I decided to paint the ceiling. I dont like the ceiling because it is too rough and yet glossy and that makes it looks like a dorm type. Therefore I am deciding to paint it to make it dull no glossy at all. Color would be the same only thing changes is removing the glossiness. Question is should i repaint it? Or is there any other option available? If I ended up painting can paints be specified in temrs of its glossiness and dullness when purchasing? Lastly I have been seeing lot of youtube video however I am wondering whether paint sprayers are good option for ceiling? Thanks!

Just pickup a gallon of your basic "Ceiling" paint. It's usually a matte finish and not glossy. Make sure you a good roller head, long handle, like a broom stick, to reach the ceiling and you should be good to go.

thank you all for help!!! yes it is called matte not dull ;)

OP,
Use a flat paint that is 100% acrylic for best adhesion on a gloss or semi-gloss surface. My preference would be Ben Moore Regal Select Flat for your project.

Latest posts

Back