briefly rope and pulley

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rearranger6

Reaction score
Its a rope and pulley to carry up the cement up tover the ladder . Good idea? Infallible, no probably. And going to lay tile over wooden front porch. Will look nice but should it ever be removable ? I plan to keep house for a long time but feel kinda odd covering the porch up perm...

Do I need a ladder to toss a 18 foot ladder on top of porch roof? Want to paint gutter pans blue! Guess I am lookinjg for a good rope and pulley brand . And OH How I need some flat panel metal for a carport. Googling it doesn't come up anything at all. Don't want a premade car port...

I do not have the foggest idea what you are trying to ask?
Yea, verily, Sire. . .

". . .associations of ideas become so shortened, fragmented, and disturbed as to lack logical relationship"

But first check the Blood Alcohol Level.:beer:

I prefer catapulting these items to roof level using a machine I made with garage door springs but this method makes the neighbors nervous. :D

Last edited:
Me too, I don't have a clear idea of what you're asking. But i think it involves lifting stuffs with pulley and rope. There's really no problem with that, but you might want to consider where to attach the pulley, load capacity of the rope, as well the weight of the object being lifted.

Whatever you're planning to do keep it safe.

Ropes and pulleys have a working load and an ultimate strength. Also be aware of safety factor, it's 10 or more when personal safety is involved.

And there are a half-dozen kinds of ropes, all with pluses and minuses. And the Hillman Hardware Website used to have a good tutorial on fasteners, pull-out and shear strengths.

Last edited:
And don't ever forget--Tipping is NOT a city in China.

Back