Skunked

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trapperron

Reaction score
To All:

I finally published my book, take a look.......it's a compilation of some of the funny experiences doing animal control work. Its amazing to me how people react to animal encounters - you will laugh as you may be able to relate to some of the people I helped....

Published thru blurb - you can see the cover and the first 15 pages if you like.

SKUNKED | By Trapper Ron Baker | Category: Humor | Blurb

I would like to know what you think of the cover, my wife hates it.....

Thanks
Baker
Trapper Ron
Trapper Ron's Humane Animal Removal & Relocation Services
[email protected]

So Trapper Ron, how do you relocate an animal without dumping it in the territory of another animal of the same species? Isn't there an inevitable conflict between the current owner and the dumpee?

I have fortunate so far this year, but our dog was skunked two times last spring and hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and Dawn really work! We had a 'pink dog' before I found this solution as we had always heard about using tomato juice! Our dog is an English springer spaniel and the white parts of her coat got super white after using the HBD solution! Good to know!

Regards,

Yes, there can be a major conflict between the land owner and dumpee. The way the law works is that the dumpee must have permission from the land owner to dump. I have set up relationships with a number of large land owners to do just that.

The major problem is when a homeowner decided to trap there own raccoon and take it to thier local park to release. The homeowner can get into a lot of trouble from thier city by doing this.

Trapper Ron

Just be care full not to leave the solution on too long and rinse very well. The solution does work great, but it can dry your dogs skin out if left on too long

Trapper Ron

Yes, there can be a major conflict between the land owner and dumpee. The way the law works is that the dumpee must have permission from the land owner to dump. I have set up relationships with a number of large land owners to do just that.

The major problem is when a homeowner decided to trap there own raccoon and take it to thier local park to release. The homeowner can get into a lot of trouble from thier city by doing this.

Trapper Ron

Sorry I wasn't clear. My concern is the conflict between the animals already living there and the new animal dumped off. All animals are territorial and I can't believe that a raccoon or woodchuck that has been "relocated" gets much of a reception by the current occupants on the land where the dumping occurs. :confused:

Yes you are right there can be some conflicts between the animals. There are many opinions on this subject and I have thought about it alot. One theory is that it is cruel to release and animal in a new location and most of my competitors will destroy the animals they trap. I cannot justify destroying animals in this mannor and it is my belief that the animals have adapted to humans and their expansion into thier environments, therefore instead of killing them outright, I give the animals a chance to adapt in their new environment and prosper.

It's a tough issue, but at least I give them a fighting chance at life.

I had to dispatch a rabid skunk in my yard once. Should have called Trapperron.

Back