What's in your garden?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspectorD

Housebroken
Reaction score
Just wondering what folks are planting this year. I'm always interested in what are good things to try out. With the prices of everything going nothing but up, we are doing a bigger one this year.About 100 by 300 feet.:eek:
Blueberry bushes
Raspberry bushes
Tomatoes
Carrots
Cucumbers
onions
Broccoli
Squash...10 different types
Beans
potatoes...lots grown in tires piled up. Just learned it and gonna try it out.
Corn.

The various herbs like basil,cilantro and others will be near the house, in pots.

That's going to be our start in 2 weeks, they are callin for frost tonight ....so we wait.:)

Frost possible here too! Dogwood winter...
Looking at this weekend to start my garden again :)

Yep, frost here as well. Give it another week. You can't trust Iowa to produce "spring" weather till June :)

I never noticed Iowa before...corn and pig farms I'll bet. The ocassional tornado, fried hamsteaks (they called it somthin else) and the Heartland Express truckin company.(my uncle drives for) I have not been out there for 2 years.
My family comes from Washington Iowa, Crawfordsville to be exact. Nothin but crossroads and farmin down that way. You guys get some nice cold breezes out that way.

Still waitin...frost again tonight.:)

I know you need to plant garlic in the fall. Is anyone growing any, and what kind? I need to remember this in the fall...someone remind me.:D

I also need to plant some peppers...thanks for reminding me of that one....that was a close call.:)

Candles???? Where in the world do you grow candles???;)

Back