To Inspector D and others interested...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shan2themax

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, while I was reminiscing through the site today.... I decided to take the plunge and call a home inspector and see how much they would charge to come over look at the roof (tell me if it needs a total tearoff or can just be reshingled),look at the sagging floor, inspect the plumbing under the house and that sort of thing. So, They are coming tomorrow and going to go over things with me and help me prioritize everything so that I dont feel so overwhelmed. A full inspection is $390. I am not having the electrical inspected, but for everything else I am paying $250. I am kind of excited, yet nervous. But so far, I feel a weight has been lifted..... now, we will find out tomorrow.......

Be ready to be eduamacated....and write things down.:clap:
And most of all...don't get overwhelmed, you can fix things when you get to them. When folks learn everything at once....they crack.
You'll be fine.:hide:

quote: 'When folks learn everything at once....they crack.'

So, thats what is wrong with me.... lol

I am pretty prepared for just about anything.... the only thing that I wont be prepared for is... hey... you need to move out now..... but... I seriously wont be too shockedwith things that he finds, I have been in the places that he is going and I did get the house for 1/2 of what it would have been without problems.... but... I thought I would let you know cause I know how much you love to hear it when we are 'responsible' and do these things!!!!

Last edited:
Excellent......my plan is working ohohhahahah:eek:

Good :)luck.

I would love to tell you how it went and what all I learned and all that good stuff... but..... when I called him when I got home from the DR. (I had surgery 2 weeks ago), as agreed. His phone went straight to voicemail, and I couldnt leave a message as the phone wouldnt let me, so I sent a text message and didnt hear from him.... so..... I am not sure what to think..... I go back to work on Friday, so It may be next week before I can set up another appointment with him... and I am wondering... do I want to????

What do you think?

I would look for someone else if it was me. I consider behavior like that (not answering calls and missing an appt) as unprofessional.

There is one real estate agent who has called me every day at 10:30. I cannot answer my cell phone at work at all. She never leaves a message. I called her back today and told her that I will never list my house with her due to this. I view her behavior as unprofessional as well (constant calls, no message).

I see he is a graduate from a school in Manassas that I used to teach for...and he is still an ASHI candidate.:confused:
Move on...his crudentials do not matter if he does not call back.
Good luck.

Back