Plumbing backups in all floor drains

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoomin

Reaction score
I have had a some backups in all the floor drains in my house, which is on a slab. I put a check valve in the laundry room to keep the sewage from backing up in there but in both my shower and tubs sewage comes up from the drain and leaves "crap" in there. I had a plumber out last week that put a camera down the cleanout and could barely see a root because of too much water.. Next he put an auger snake through it and everything seemed ok for about a week, but then today another backup. What are my options here.. I have a call into the plumber again and should come out in the next day or so. Hopefully he wont charge me for this call as the problem is exactly the same and I dont think I can shell out another $475.00

I had a plumber out last week that put a camera down the cleanout and could barely see a root because of too much water.. Next he put an auger snake through it and everything seemed ok for about a week, but then today another backup. What are my options here.. I have a call into the plumber again and should come out in the next day or so. Hopefully he wont charge me for this call as the problem is exactly the same and I dont think I can shell out another $475.00

Your plumber needs to do a better job of cleaning the line.

He should come right out and fix the problem he didn't fix the first time!

Putting the camera in the line before it is cleaned is just downright stupid! If the line is clogged and has water in it you cannot see anything. The only reason I can think of to put a camera into a clogged line is when you have tried to clean it and cannot get through because the pipe is broken. Then you are just using the locating head built into the camera to locate the line where it needs to be dug up. Your plumber's skills are sketchy!

I live in one of the highest priced areas of the country for drain cleaning and I would not have charged $475 to snake a line from a cleanout unless it was over 100'. Your plumber better damn well come running right out and finish the job he charged you for. I would also insist that he puts his camera back in the line for free to show you the line is clean all the way to the city line.

Next time you have this problem (after the guarantee period) I would find someone else! Their rates exceed their skill level!

I agree completely with what Redwood said.

First of all, the plumber screwed you over by running a camera down the sewer. There is no need for that. He just needed to get in there and auger it out the way it should have been done. Period.

He needs to come back and fix what he didn't do right the first time!

Back