Broken Sliding Door help

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aleggero

Reaction score
Hello,

My sliding door is not sliding. The piece that keeps the door on track is no longer there. I am not able to find the correct piece at home depot. It is an old door. Is anyone familiar with this door and know what piece I need to fix it?

The first picture is that of the working slider. The second picture is the broken slider.

Thanks in advance for any help

Adam

sliding door - working.JPG

sliding door - not working.JPG

Thanks nealtw for the great info. I am going to HD to pick up the hardware and replace what I need to.

Ideally, I would grab that piece from the set and see if that works with the track. But like you said, might have to replace the track.

I'll let you know how it goes,

Adam

Last edited:
Sorry to be late to the party but I just got back on the forum after being out of town. If you haven't been able to get the part locally you can order individual parts directly from Johnson online. May take a bit of searching on their website but almost every part for everything they make can be ordered.

http://www.johnsonhardware.com/sdindex.htm

Blaine windows and doors in Silver Spring, MD, has almost everything. Send for their catalog.

Back