Fire Safety

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
This is a heads up. Please check your smoke detectors.

My father sold the family home a few years back. It's the house my siblings and I grew up in.

It's unsure what happened, and the person who lived there made it out safely, but a the six bedroom Spanish style ranch house I grew up in is no more.

House.jpg

Check your fire extinguishers to make sure they are up to date and test your smoke detectors.

It is. I had a lot of good times there.

Not yet but it is being investigated. I hope to know more soon.

The report coming out of the fire says it was accidental. Still, what a nightmare.

Nope, there were oily rags or something that caught fire. That's what I'm being told anyhow. Turns out the house was in foreclosure.

Alot of people don't realize that oil filled rags used for wood staining can just catch fire with out any other heat source. Not that we know that was the cause, I just thought this would be a good place to say it.

That's what they are saying it was. I don't understand how that would happen, but it seems it does.

Well final word it an accident. They will be removing what's left of the house soon and the memories it contains.

I went by my childhood home a while ago and found a four story apartment and the school I walked to (2 miles) is now across the street. Times change:)

My brother showed up with some of the wreckage including the tomb stone of one of our dogs.

Latest posts

Back