windows 10 on a PC

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with ya Bud, I still have my i4 and still running Windows xp on my work laptop. If it ain't broke, why fix it.

I would never use a Mac.

Linux will remamin open source, but there are private companies now that build on top of it (like Red Hat Linux0) so that OS is in full swing now.

Problem is, there aren't a lot of software programs that run well on Linux yet to make it a viable option for business use which is my interest in computers.

That is changing, especially since both Microsoft and Mac are allowing their systems to be used to violate people's privacy.

I'm with ya Bud, I still have my i4 and still running Windows xp on my work laptop. If it ain't broke, why fix it.

The Devil made me do it!

I get home tonight and honest to God I turn on my laptop and there it is.

The tiny little icon and a message on my screen I am invited to try windows 10 upgrade for free. I had stuff to do and posts to read but that evil icon taunted me. I clicked it I didn’t want to but I did. The devil himself made me do it. It told me of the wonderful features and said I just needed to click accept and I would be in the future. I tried to resist but no my mouse clicked yes. It was nice it talked to me and said sit back and relax it was loading away. Too late now no stopping it. I knew how disappointed oldog was going to be with me but I had to know. I waited and waited and it loaded and loaded and I took a nap and woke up it was 80% I went back to sleep and woke up and it had loaded. I hit install and it loaded and loaded and in about an hour and a half some new window thing appeared and wanted my password. I spent the next two hours asking myself what did you do this for. The devil made me do it was my answer. It was quite Apple like and had so much of the dumbed down nanny state feel to it that it was going to have a app for all my needs and I would never drag and drop a file again. It even had some kind of a thing like iPhones have where I could talk to it about my questions and it would answer. It wanted me to make new passwords and set things up in the cloud, my start button now had games and news showing up on it and OMG it came with candy crush. I played with it two hours and didn’t like one minute of it. I tried to find the return to 7 button and after an hour of looking I found it, and it gave me an ultimatum saying I could go back but not after 30 days. I hit that button and started the process to go back. it asked me why? I typed in This is too much like Apple for me. And hit go back. the trip back only took 5 minutes and my familiar sign on page was back. I know now “If it aint broke, why fix it.”:clap:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SLifea3NHQ[/ame]

Back