Replacing glued mating on front and back concrete entrance

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrissy

Reaction score
Have 2 entrances that are concrete with an indoor/outdoor type carpet glued down. Much of the mating is frayed and I would like to take it up, replacing it with a more inviting surface. I would have liked tile; however, the threshold is just about the same level as the doors. Does anyone know of any rubber type product that I could put down?

Please post a picture.
And your right to be concerned about not rasing the height of the stoop.
By code that stoop needed to be at least 4" below the threshold.
There's hundreds of post on this site and any other DIY site showing all the damage that's been done to home from this one thing.

Most often when someone sticks carpet over a stoop it's because it was all cracked or falling apart.
Other then a door mat I do not know of any "rubber" flooring that can be used outside.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I'll get a picture posted. In response to the 4" clearance, both entrances are raised approximately 6" from ground level and both are covered by the roof of the house. I did see on a Holmes on Holmes program a recycled rubber product ina variety of colors that you mix like cement and put on with a troul however I've never been able to find it as a product or where to purchase.

Latest posts

Back