Outside faucet

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texan1

Reaction score
Need to replace my faucet be cause ever time I put the hose on it; it shoots water out really bad where the hose hooks up. I put the plumbers tape on it and it still shoots out ridiculously so I will just replace it. Should I replace it myself or have a pro do it? I am a little handy myself I just have never messed with plumbing. Thanks

It sounds to me that you just need to put a hose washer in the female end of the hose. Without that washer, it's going to squirt water.

It has a washer, my neighbor said that the protector and I can't take it off. I don't remember his exact words but that's what he said.

texan1 said:
It has a washer, my neighbor said that the backflow protector, and I can't take it off. I don't remember his exact words but that's what he said. Thanks]

If it's the backflow preventer, they are made so you can't remove them without destroying the faucets threads.

I did it; I shut the main water off and then had just enough room to put some vice grips in between the house and the spigot, then put another pair on the spigot; it was pretty tough had to hit it a few times with the hammer to loosen it up and then I replace it with a ball faucet so it would be easier to turn on. Thanks

Back