hi I'am trying to wire to outlets, switch and light

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dylanjury91

Reaction score
Hello I am trying to wire the outlets to always be on to a switch and light.

Now I would wire the two outlets in parallel and the would I run then nuetral straight from the outlet to the light and wire the hot to the switch then light.

Also would it be wise to use a new breaker for it instead of going from another outlet outside of the room and if so is there any links on wiring a new breaker.

Thanks again for the help
Dylan

Last edited:
You are allowed to have up to 12 outlets(receptacles and lights) on a circuit. If you can maintain less than 12 by tapping off and existing receptacle then that is fine.
Another consideration is what is going to be used on this circuit. If you might be using heaters or and AC then a new circuit might be a good idea.

You are allowed to have up to 12 outlets(receptacles and lights) on a circuit. If you can maintain less than 12 by tapping off and existing receptacle then that is fine.
Another consideration is what is going to be used on this circuit. If you might be using heaters or and AC then a new circuit might be a good idea.
IIRC, Ray C. Mullin's interpretation of the '99 NEC said 10 to 20 on a circuit was practical and that the NEC doesn't spec this number.

Well as of now the basement is all wired on one breaker and that is running the washing machine, computer, tv, game system, speakers and a fish tank. Also 3 lights and two switchs.

I'm also wonderig if my wiring will be correct.

Thanks

I would run a new circuit for sure. Laundry area, which would be the washing machine zone, is supposed be on its own circuit. It could be fine if it was done like before that code came into effect, but I would not add anything new to this circuit.

Back