Foundation improvement

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pp11

Reaction score
My house is cinder block, and it appears it was covered in concrete or stucco. Its in need of some fixing up. Some of the areas are peeled off down to the blocks. What would be the BEST way for me (who is NOT a mason) to be able to fix this up and make it look a lot better?

Knock all of the loose stuff off, sandblast everything, then apply a hefty coat of stucco in your choice of colors. Sounds easy, right?

But be prepared to work your butt off, because everything above is hard work. I'm practically breaking into a sweat just writing about it, as old memories of past stuccoing adventures come to mind. And doing it correctly is harder yet.

But there's a far easier alternative--look in the yellow pages for concrete repair, stucco work or even masonry work. Pick the one with a good reputation and a decent quote, and just write a check when he/she is done.

The house is 1000 sq ft one floor..thats the size. How much would I be talking ballpark price for having the foundation done how you explained?

So it's going to be anywhere from $5 to $9 a square foot of repaired area. Which means anywheres from $1600 to $3000 or up, depending on the extent of unsound material you have (meaning how deep, how hard to get the bad stuff off, etc.).

Difficult to come up with hard numbers over the internet--you need to do some work yourself on tracking down local unit prices, then multiplying by the total area needing repair.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back