Lennox Cooling Problem

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalanW

Reaction score
I have a lennox central unit, for about a 2500 sft. house, the filter light was on and the battery light flashing when we noticed the unit not cooling the house even though the fan is running. i reset the thermosat and put new batt. in it, checked the breakers and the fuse by the condenser, everything as far as that goes is good, i dont know what else to check, and my ac man is of course, unavailable...could you please help me?

1. Is condenser fan running? (outside unit) If not could be bad fan motor or capacitor (looks like a soda can inside outdoor unit control panel. If it's bulging it's bad). Be sure to turn disconnect off before exploring the internals of your AC unit!
2. If filter was really dirty you could have iced up the evaporator coil. Replace filter and let the ice thaw (a couple hours).

Most common is bad fan motor, may start initially, but stop prematurely causing compressor to shut-off because of excess heat, (internal safety).

Back