Wiring 5 wires cooktop to 4 wires electrical box

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimouette

Reaction score
I just bought a used Frigidaire cooktop model FPS64W-1. I cant find any manual and I have no idea how to make the wiring. Everything I find on the net shows 3 or 4 wires and always a white wire (mine does not have any white wires!).

5 wires are coming out of the cooktop :

1-black
1-red
1-green
1-yellow
1-brown

My household electrical box has 4 wires... how am I supposed to figure out which wire goes to which wire
Any help would be very appreciated.. I need to cook a turkey tonight
:)

Those colours are European wiring. Are you in North America?
Is there a drawing on the back of the stove? Take a picture of it and post it.

That does not appear to be a valid model number.

Can you verify.

i have the same issue. i am trying to put a new plug on the cooktop - it has 5 wires black/brown/red/yellow/green but the plug calls for 4 wires - black/green/white/red can i do this?

the plug i bought is 30A/50A black angle plug

thank you

2013-03-18 14.37.09.jpg

2013-03-18 14.48.18.jpg

2013-03-18 11.17.37.jpg

i have the same issue. i am trying to put a new plug on the cooktop - it has 5 wires black/brown/red/yellow/green but the plug calls for 4 wires - black/green/white/red can i do this?
That looks like a straight 240V unit. I see no need for a white, and the yellow and brown are a complete mystery.

I think you have a unit that someone wants to forget they made it.
I did find that the serial numbers fit into the fridgedaire code system. I checked it for recalls and it came up with none but when I checked the numberfor the OP model sudenly the search was no longer available.??
I did find this site that lists a bunch of fridgedaires with problems that you don't need and your serial number fits in that group.
Theres a chart about half way down the page.
http://www.laundrypumprecall.ca/node42.aspx

Back