shower pan curb

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leal

Reaction score
im making a shower pan. my q is, does the curb have to be green wood or regular wood?
thanks

Welcome Leal:
If you are going to use wood, it definitely needs to be treated because of the moisture that will be present.
Glenn

And...make sure the fasteners you will be using to nail the edges of the surround liner in are not aluminum. Use some stainless roofing nails or copper nails in the new treated wood.

Good luck on your shower pan full of water test.:D

another question, when im tiling the walls what do i use for the walls, green sheetrock, or hadi panel or somthing else? Thanks guys

another question, when im tiling the walls what do i use for the walls, green sheetrock, or hadi panel or somthing else? Thanks guys

Use some kind of cement backerboard ie: Hardie Board, Durock

Tape ALL the seams with mesh tape and scrape thinset over the tape as if you were spackling drywall. 1 1/2 inch Galvanized roofing nails or durock screws ( found in the tile section of HD and Lowes)

My taste is for Hardie Backer then I like to waterproof everything from the floor to a minimum of 3 1/2 feet up with Red Guard. Its as easy as painting. Dont use mastic ;)

Good Luck !!!!!

Use some kind of cement backerboard ie: Hardie Board, Durock

Tape ALL the seams with mesh tape and scrape thinset over the tape as if you were spackling drywall. 1 1/2 inch Galvanized roofing nails or durock screws ( found in the tile section of HD and Lowes)

My taste is for Hardie Backer then I like to waterproof everything from the floor to a minimum of 3 1/2 feet up with Red Guard. Its as easy as painting. Dont use mastic ;)

Good Luck !!!!!

Hardie Backer, is it the same as hardie board or durock

Mesh tape, is that what u use for sheetrock

Thanks

Red Guard, can i find this at lowes or hd?

Back