Indoor motion detector light?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InTooDeep

Reaction score
Looking to pick one up the doesn't require a switch but just turns when it detects motion and when dark. Went to home depot to pick one up but they only sold outdoor ones.

Does anyone know where I could pick one up that could be used indoors? Or an outdoor one that I could use indoors? The ones at home depot had "outdoor use only" written on them.

Im in Canada BTW.

I'm not sure why you couldn't use an outdoor fixture or sensor indoors.
Why not just install a motion detector switch. Then you can use any fixture you like.

Cause the switch for the light is in a terrible place. So my question is then, can I install an outdoor light indoors and use cfl bulbs instead of the par38 lamps?

Some of the motion sensors will NOT work with CFL lamps otherwise I can not see why not. Some of the sensors also work by sensing heat so be sure to check the operation of the unit before buying it.

So exactly what I'm looking for but doesn't sent to be sold at the Canadian home depot :(

don't limit your search to Home Depot. Go to a lamp store or an electrical supply company. If all else fails cut in a new box and put the switch where it needs to be.

Back