Can I fix the glass on this door without replacing the whole door?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Am I buying just glass, or that little oval frame around the glass, too?

My current door measures 14.25" wide x 38" tall for the glass, and 18" W x 41.75" H if I include the oval frame.

The size of the Home Depot products are 15.5" W x 39.38" H. If this is the measurement of just the glass, I suppose this means I will have to cut the door to fit, which will leave me without an oval frame. If that's the oval frame measurement, then they don't have a size to fit.

When I replaced the glass in my side door to the garage after an unfortunate incident with a weed wacker the new one came with the plastic frame.

When I replaced the glass in my side door to the garage after an unfortunate incident with a weed wacker the new one came with the plastic frame.

So it sounds like they don't sell anything that will fit.

Can you figure out the brand of the door? What's wrong with the existing glass?

A stained glass shop could make quick work of the repair, but you would still have to remove the glass panel.

Am I buying just glass, or that little oval frame around the glass, too?

My current door measures 14.25" wide x 38" tall for the glass, and 18" W x 41.75" H if I include the oval frame.

The size of the Home Depot products are 15.5" W x 39.38" H. If this is the measurement of just the glass, I suppose this means I will have to cut the door to fit, which will leave me without an oval frame. If that's the oval frame measurement, then they don't have a size to fit.
They come with the frame, if you can't get the same size you take one a bit bigger and recut the door to fit the new window.

Latest posts

Back