tile shower

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sisyphus

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing a tile shower floor. I've seen several episodes on youtube where some people placed the concrete mix directly on the wood base before placing the pvc membrane and others where the membrane was placed first. I'm confuse as to which one is the right proceedure. thanks

A good membrane first, then sand mix to pitch it to the drain. Just have to be careful not to nick the membrane.

Yes membrane would be 1st it's like the chicken or the egg with some tile guys for doing wet beds lol your pitch is most important as when you tile the tile will form to the pitch. What size tile will you be using.

thanks for responding. haven't decided yet on the size tile. will have to checkout what will suit my fancy. I might go with a texture type surface for safety sakes.

sisyphus said:
thanks for responding. haven't decided yet on the size tile. will have to checkout what will suit my fancy. I might go with a texture type surface for safety sakes.

Ok good luck post some pictures when your finished :)

Keep one thing in mind with tile sizing...larger tiles can be much harder to get correct slopes and a good look in a shower pan (unless it's a large area).

Jdmrenovations said:
Keep one thing in mind with tile sizing...larger tiles can be much harder to get correct slopes and a good look in a shower pan (unless it's a large area).

Thats True.

Back