Still looking for a jigsaw

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dthornton

inspector gadget
Reaction score
Hey guys, I rad that the Bosch 1590evs was the best corded jigsaw you could buy. Well, I've been looking for it and found it to be a discontinued model. The new 7 Amp Bosch with the tool free blade change has gotten the crappiest reviews of any jigsaw I've ever seen. It seems that the blade wobbles and it won't cut a straight, perpendicular line. SO, can anyone recommend a GOOD, corded jigsaw that is currently available? I'm looking for something for less than about $160. Thanks.:cool:

According to these prices
http://www.nextag.com/corded-jigsaw/compare-html
it should not be difficult.

I do not recommend Harbor Freight for most of what I see them offering.

Also, I once had the audacity to write them a letter with questions about their $300 chop saw which was a gift to me. What I got back was sarcasm, arrogance and ridicule.
And it turned out that the answer to my question was not all that difficult.

I doubt they know anything about their products and I doubt they want to know, either. It's "take it at our price or leave it, no questions welcome."
And I suppose they are profitable [until they get sued for a product liability issue].

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=%22harbor+freight%22+class+action&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8[/ame]

Last edited:
Thanks, guys. @ Jason> Thanks for the suggestion, but I only go to Harbor Freight when I need a tool cheap and not concerned about quality. Oldog, I cracked up when I saw your reply. Even though we've never met, I could just hear you saying that. Thanks for the laugh! Wuzzat, thank you for the advice. As a DIY-er, not a contractor, I hope for this to be the last jigsaw I ever have to buy. Anyway, I followed several links for the Bosch and they all say discontinued. (Go figure ... they discontinue a jigsaw that both Popular Mechanics and Consumer Reports rate as the #1 jigsaw!). So, what are the top 3 or 4 power tool manufacturers that you recommend? Personal experience? Thanks again! :)

Latest posts

Back