Greeting from Winnipeg Newbies!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocelyn

Noob
Reaction score
Hi all!
My name is Jocelyn, I share my house with my husband and our zoo full of pets. We bought a fixer upper home, our first home, 3 years ago from an elderly women who had raised her family in our small house and had lived here for over 45 years. The house is now pushing 100 years old. My husband is not really interested in housing repairs but I know he will help me if I start to figure things out myself.

Our house needs a lot of work, some aesthetic and some necessary. Currently my focus right now is on our front sun room because that is one I think a newb like myself can tackle. Our bathroom is on the agenda as well (we have a family of plumbers but will need to do things like tiling and flooring ourselves)

I know embarrassingly little about home improvement. The other day my husband showed me how to hang a picture for the first time. That said I use to burn mac and cheese and be terrified of the oven and now I am a good baker and a great cook so here is hoping that it's a mind over matter thing!

Anyways now I am just rambling so I think you in advance for your help and apologize for my ignorance. :help:

:welcome: to House Repair Talk!

If you baked and shared some chocolate chip cookies, it wouldn't break our hearts...:)

Welcome to the site.
The trick is to figure all the things you would like to do and the things that need to done and work out a plan to get them in the right order so you don't do things more than once.

Back