Adding a dryer drain hose to a washer's standpipe

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finesse117

Reaction score
Hello. I am planning to get a Bosch washer/dryer set that includes a ventless/condensing dryer (WTC82100US and WAE20060UC). The dryer manual says it can use the same drain as the washer if there's room, but currently I only have a single 1 1/2" standpipe.

To make the room for both drain lines, do I just need to add a wye at the top, or do I have to account for potential backflow from either unit to the other? Any advice for this situation would be most welcome. Thanks.

Great and thoughtful question. You should be calling the manufacturer for a diagram of a typical installation. They should be able to provide it and answer questions on the spot.

Thanks for the response. I talked to an installation rep for the manufacturer. He couldn't provide me any specifics, but he assured me that any method I use to make room for both drain lines will be adequate. I'll try a simple wye and see what happens.

Back