What To Do?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PearlWhiteGT

Reaction score
Thinking of installing some wood paneling like the color of the kitchen cabinets or doing something else on the 2 half walls under the kitchen bar top. I want to put a couple of bar stools there but don't want peoples shoes to dirty up the walls there. Any ideas would be much appreciated on what to do. Take a look at the pic to see the area I am talking about.

MyHouse020.jpg

Before going overboard with a paneling project, you might consider doing a practice run with a borrowed bar stool. The counter top overhang doesn't appear large enough in the photo to accommodate people sitting at stools--they will be too far away from the edge of the counter to feel comfortable doing anything on it.

And of course (should you decide to get the stools anyway), the easiest solution to prevent getting your pretty walls buggered up by dirty shoes is to install a sign outside the front door--"No Shoes To Be Worn In House." Or have a box of disposable booties handy, for everyone to slip over their shoes/boots before they come in.

Tile would look a whole lot better then paneling and would hold up better.

hopping for wood paneling? Prefinished wood paneling is available in many different
types. To select the wood paneling that fits your needs, you should be able to answer these
questions.
WHAT’S ON THE MARKET?
HOW OFTEN WILL I CLEAN MY WOOD PANELING?
HOW MUCH WILL I NEED?
WHAT’S THE CONDITION OF THE WALL SURFACE?
WHAT’S ON THE LABEL?
WHAT’S ON THE WARRANTY?

Back