Florida

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad is in Jacksonville a couple miles from the beach, his wife and her daughter evacuated, she told him to stay and take care of the house.:confused:

Honestly I am pretty sure that is the case. He won't listen to me when I tell him to go even if nothing happens what does it hurt to drive a couple hundred miles and get a hotel room? Call it a vacation.

My dad got smart and went to the west coast of Florida. Better than being in the direct path. This is giving me all sorts of ammunition for him always telling me how great things are out there. At least I don't have to run from an earthquake .

My dad got smart and went to the west coast of Florida. Better than being in the direct path. This is giving me all sorts of ammunition for him always telling me how great things are out there. At least I don't have to run from an earthquake .

Only because they can't predict one.:trophy:

Earthquakes, forest fires, cops who love to ticket construction equipment, taxes, firearm restrictions...I'll take hurricanes any day...:nono:

Pretty sure its just that over here on the left coast we are tougher because we have Earthquakes, forest fires, cops who love to ticket construction equipment, taxes, firearm restrictions. We have to be or we would move to the right coast.:p

If there was a perfect place to live we would be complaining about the over crowding along with all that other stuff.

fortunately we live inland of where Mathew past east of us and all we had was a tropical storm with winds only gusting to about 50 mph. My daughter, on the other hand, lives in Orlando which got more severe weather, but luckily only lost her fence and power for a little while. So all in all we lucked out

fortunately we live inland of where Mathew past east of us and all we had was a tropical storm with winds only gusting to about 50 mph. My daughter, on the other hand, lives in Orlando which got more severe weather, but luckily only lost her fence and power for a little while. So all in all we lucked out

Glad to here, still scary for a lot of people further north.

Latest posts

Back