Selling a home

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

confused

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information that would help me to sell my house faster and for a better price? It almost seems like a waste to do any major repairs when I'm selling it but if I get a better price that might be worth it. Should I redecorate? Fix? Clean? Landscape?

PAINT.

Cheapest way to make ugly look nice and new.

Major repairs should be done - no one wants a house that needs 14000 dollars worth of roofing and foundation work.

But paint is the big one. New paint = new house to a lot of people.

my advice is to clean it nice and shiny and then de-clutter it,, take out any personal photos and whatnot so the people can envision how it would look with their own stuff in it. but the main thing is to keep it simple and don't have too much stuff in it.
Beverly

Replacing carpet and refinishing wood floors is a great way to make your house more appealing to sellers. Carpet is a little expensive to replace but worth it if yours is thrashed plus they can install it in 1-2 days.

I find that a well set-up home is the best way to sell the house. Show them something that they would want themselves. Also, I highly recommend fixing the major problems.

I just sold mine and I painted the outside and put new garage doors on because the kids had damaged them. Inside again new paint walls, doors and trim. Put all new carpet and under lay down. Dishwasher was replace with new and some glass in the windows which seal was broken. This cost around $7500.00 the house sold in less than one week for my asking price.

Back