Half Work Half Dont

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guz168

Reaction score
Tried doing a search and looking for some information. Great threads but trying to figure out what is happening at my home. I'll try to explain.

Background
The living room, small dining room and kitchen are split between 2 circuits. Half on one and half on the other. We had power go out to half of the electrical on one of the circuits.

Circuit powers refrigerator, microwave, stove, some outlets and small dining room light and outlet.

We lost power to half the kitchen outlets, the overhead fan/light, dining room light and outlets and one hallway lamp nearby yet the clock on the stove, microwave and refrigerator are all working?

Recently put up the hallway lamp. Took it down and checked the connections, no issue there. Can't figure this out at all????

Any Ideas

Have you first checked the breaker at the panel? All troubleshooting starts there.

I have also seen an issue when the main power coming into the home has lost a leg on the service. See if your oven works also. It could be you need an electrician to check those connections.
What model electrical panel do you have? If it is federal pacific, call a professional ASAP. Fire hazzards.:eek:

You might check to see if you have a ground fault interrupt tripped since you indicated there are kitchen outlets involved. Could you have tripped the GFI while installing your light? It might be possible to trip the GFI but not the breaker. Just guessing on this.

Back