Newbie lends a hand for free in NYC to learn the ropes

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nodeliverypizza

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’ll be starting a sabbatical from work next week (04/03) to learn all I can about home renovation and maybe eventually change careers.
Since I’m renting an apartment in pristine condition in Brooklyn there’s nothing I can start working on at home.

I’m thinking about taking classes at the New York City College of Technology but it won’t replace real-life experience.

So if anyone in NYC needs help with his home improvement project and is patient enough to teach me a couple of things along the way, I’d very happy to help! Even if it’s very simple stuff to begin with like painting. Since I’m on a sabbatical I have plenty of time available (before I run out of money :D at least).

Any help and advice on how to get started is more that welcome!

Thanks,

Welcome to the site and good luck with your plan. You could always hang around the big box stores and just offer your help to the customers.

We have companys that you could sign up with for labour jobs. When we need a hand for a day or two we call them and they deliver some pretty inexperienced help. You would soon learn which jobs you don't need to learn much about.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back