Another newbie

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Believer45

Old guy / new tools
Reaction score
Well, old but new anyway.

I am a post-middle-aged fellow looking to do some handyman work on the side and learn more about home repair and remodeling. I have been doing 99% of my own work for 35 years so far. I have done basement design and remodel a couple times, kitchen remodels a couple times, smaller roofing jobs, minor electrical (add circuits, add stove/dryer, rewire etc.), minor plumbing (tub replacement, bathroom remodel a couple times, toilet replacement MANY times like most), built a couple of small pole buildings, farm style fencing.

What I have contracted out:

Re-roof house, install all new windows, replace 54 floor joists 16' long on a ranch house with a 3' crawl space underneath (at 6'6" and on the high side of 275 it is kind of hard for me to fit), onsite manufacture of commercial rain gutters, furnace and a/c replacement.

This looks like a great site, I look forward to browsing and learning and, eventually, contributing to the knowledge base here.

Dave / Believer45

Back