Door Location

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remout

Reaction score
The door at the bottom of the pic is going to be cut into an existing wall. The tub and water supply will be new as well, currently the room is empty.

I'm about to cut the wall and frame up for the door at the bottom of this pic. How much room should I allow between the tub and the outside wall. I'm referring to the wall that's close to the tub and incoming water fixtures.

Thanks!

ohtub.png

I would think that you're better off going with the dimensions provided by your tub manufacturer. I would also make sure you have enough clearance between the sink and the swing of that door. You wouldn't want anyone opening the door with you standing there with a q-tip in your ear.

The door at the bottom of the pic is going to be cut into an existing wall. The tub and water supply will be new as well, currently the room is empty.

I'm about to cut the wall and frame up for the door at the bottom of this pic. How much room should I allow between the tub and the outside wall. I'm referring to the wall that's close to the tub and incoming water fixtures.

Thanks!

The answer will help you determine the location of the tub waste and overflow, so, It's aesthetics which will influence that.

Are you intending to hard pipe the faucet or mount it to the wall?

Some faucets are available with a variety of spout lengths, which have you selected.

Now you can place your door.

Water supply to the tub will be a free standing over the side affair.

The 2.5 space is a pantry accessed from another room.

Looks good. The tub just needs to fit the fixtures and pipes you bought. about 6 inches usually does it. Also getting behind there to clean once ans
d a while is easier with a little more space. I have installed those with a granite shelf behind that against the wall were the fixture is drilled through...for more stuff.
Good luck.

Back