Mudjacking

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuba

Reaction score
If someone has time please look at the pictures I have downloaded they are of 2 different spots on my back patio. The first 3 is the patio on the south end of the house.It is naturally divided into 4 big pieces this slab needing to be raised significantly to level out. The next 2 pics show the patio on the east wall will need to be raised that much to level. The final picture is the sidewalk extension off of the south end slab needing raised. I want to get as much info as I can on the mud jacking process and what I could expect to pay to have this fixed....can I do it myself? Do I have to wait till Spring? Any information will help!
Thanks in advance.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Repair1420142402.165811.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Repair1420142432.498110.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Repair1420142449.520731.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Repair1420142469.231534.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Repair1420142488.981685.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Repair1420142512.459069.jpg

Can you do what yourself?
No way do you have the needed equipment to mud jack.
Someone pored that slab without removing all the top soil and adding the needed base material before the pore.
It also looks like some of it was it was to thin.
Looks like a cut up, removal, rebed and redo to me.

I'd agree that it looks like someone just poured some concrete on the ground in the shape of a patio...they just didn't build a patio.
There are things you can do yourself and this video is a good example but I'm not sure it applies to you situation. Search youtube for other
Raising Concrete Slabs.
The reality is that it probably should be torn up and redone the proper way. Frankly, that is something you can do yourself.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31uSPxKmBFA[/ame]

I agree with a repour. That and you can add or change what you want at that time.

We see this sometimes on new construction when they don't remove the mud. I have had things raised with foam but is is a big area and you will still have a layer of dirt that could hold water and be subject to freezing so I too vote for removal.

Back