Before & after project

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony-w

Reaction score
Just thought I would show my lasted Project. The backyard was a mess and I lost the Ride-on down the bank a few times. I put two new Timber retaining walls up to level the land, new raised Vegetable Garden Beds, new single Garage. I carried all the work even constructed the Garage which was a Kit Set.

Regards
Tony-w

BEFORE BACK YARD.jpg

GARAGE AND BACKYARD 713.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome, I think, you have been around for a while.
I havn't seen a garage kit, how did that go?

Single 6m x 3m $6000 with electric roller door, easy to erect if you have a little building knowledge.

Regards
Tony-w

I like the raised beds. What did you use for constructing them?

Your projects look great. Nice work.

I used 200 x 40 tantalised timber and planned a bevel on the outside edges. I also drilled 3 x 6mm dia holes and used 5mm galv threaded rod which holds them together as the timber will shrink slightly, these rods can be tightened as the timber shrinks.

GARAGE AND BACKYARD 707.jpg

Tanalised lumber....you must be in the UK. I'm in South Florida and want to put a couple beds but I've been debating and researching using the copper azole pressure treated. I'm also considering cinder block.
I like you layout. Plenty of room to work and for sunshine. Nice job.

I actually live in Tauranga New Zealand, I used Tanalised timber but painted the inside with an acrylic sealer to stop the chemicals leaching into the soil.
Regards
tony-w

Back