Epoxy on wood flooring

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thepeggy

Reaction score
My friends husband pulled up old carpet off wood floor in living room and hall way in an old house they bought. Carpet has been on the floor for YEARS! My friend is saying the polyurethane melted when her huband sanded the floors.. In the 50's I don't think they put polyurethane on hard wood floors. Did they?
It looks to me like the padding may have been stuck from YEARS of who knows what and when he sanded the padding melted and is still on the floor in lots of area in the living room. Hall way was sanded looks good. Living room is a mess! I say paint the floor. The husband isn't in the picture anymore, so it's a job for her and I to do. I think an epoxy would have to go over the floor to make it level. Has anyone applied an epoxy to wood flooring and then painted it? She can't have carpet. Any ideas for us?

Have you tried any solvents to remove the stuck-on goo? If the wood is in decent shape, I would try to salvage it's natural look.

I am doing this in my home right now. Pulled up the carpet to reveal a beautiful wood floor. Just needs to be sanded and stained.

Back