Help - changing out old "drum" humidifier with Flow Through one

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunit

Reaction score
Hi, I was searching the forums trying to see what i need to do do change over my humidifier. I can't seem to find the answer so i thought I'd make this post.

I have a high efficiency furnace, i had one of those old drum humidifiers that did nothing but leak on me. So i disconnected it a while back and just purchases a Honeywell Flow Through humidifier.

My question is, to do a swap, is it as simple as removing the old one and just putting this new one in?? the honeywell came with an instruction DVD i'm a little confused on this sensor. seeing I am just replacing this one with the new honeywell, can i reuse all the wiring, etc??

If anyone has any advice or tips, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I was searching the forums trying to see what i need to do do change over my humidifier. I can't seem to find the answer so i thought I'd make this post.

I have a high efficiency furnace, i had one of those old drum humidifiers that did nothing but leak on me. So i disconnected it a while back and just purchases a Honeywell Flow Through humidifier.

My question is, to do a swap, is it as simple as removing the old one and just putting this new one in?? the honeywell came with an instruction DVD i'm a little confused on this sensor. seeing I am just replacing this one with the new honeywell, can i reuse all the wiring, etc??

If anyone has any advice or tips, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

If you have a new furnace than there is a good chance that you have two post on your electronic board marked Hum. That is where the humidifier ties
in for wiring. Now if your humidifier is 24volts you will have to check the wiring or instruction book to see if the Hum post is 110 or 24 volts. If the Hum post is 110 and humidifier is 24 volts then you would have to use a transformer. The reason you want to wire it on the Hum circuit is because this
will run your humidifier only when the blower is running on a heating mode.
Paul

Back