Hi from WV

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawilder1171

Reaction score
Hi all:

I recently bought a 110-year old house in WV. It was a foreclosure in terrible shape, so I'll be working on it for years. :banana: I'm just a DIY guy whose hobby is to get jacked up on Mountain Dew and tear down walls and climb on rooftops. And anything in between. Look forward to learning from everyone. :beer:

Welcome! Sounds like you have a real project on your hands. Be sure to post some before/after photos to inspire everyone.

Here is a thread I started about such a house. http://www.houserepairtalk.com/showthread.php?t=17318 , Feel free to add your project and house to this thread or start your own. We sound a lot alike except my doctor said lay off the Mtn Dew and my lady said no more running around on roofs. Pretty much makes retirement not as much fun as I thought.

Pics are a must as stated above, we love the before as much as the after and you will get a lot of great help here. :welcome:

What section of WV? I do volunteer work in Wyoming (Pineville) and Green Brier County (Rainelle) with Appalachia Service Project repairing homes. There is a never-ending supply of homes in need of repair up there.

Welcome.

Thanks all. My house is in Charles Town. It's one street over from where John Brown was hanged. I will put up some pics soon.

Thanks all. My house is in Charles Town. It's one street over from where John Brown was hanged. I will put up some pics soon.

It's in Jefferson County. Farthest east in the western panhandle. My house is one street over from where John Brown was hanged. It's about 6 miles from Harpers Ferry. Beautiful area.

It's in Jefferson County. Farthest east in the western panhandle. My house is one street over from where John Brown was hanged. It's about 6 miles from Harpers Ferry. Beautiful area.

I've been in that area a few times, back when I lived in Loudoun County VA. Harpers Ferry is a cool town.

Latest posts

Back