Replace Door Switch

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdupp

Reaction score
Hi folks I have a Whirlpool Calypso washer and matching Dryer. I need to replace the door switch on the Dryer. I am trying to figure out how to remove the top so I can access the switch. I have looked at some videos but they all look different then my dryer. Thanks for your help!

Whirlpool Electric Dryer
MOD: GEW9868KQ3
SER: MS 1003560

image.jpeg

Thanks guys much appreciated!! I'm ordering the switch and I'll let you know how I make out. The only thing that appears to be different is the plastic whirlpool emblem across the front of the machine. Hopefully it comes off with the top when I slide it forward to remove it.

Thanks!!

I actually solved a budget conscious woman's washing machine lid switch problem with her old high heel. She needed her washing machine immediately, it was Saturday afternoon so no parts places could help.

The switch needed a shim to stay activated ... So I fashioned one out of the hard plastic from a high heel. Epoxied it in place, waited an hour. That was two years ago and the washer works perfectly to this day.

Heel.jpg

I replaced the door switch in about 15 minutes. (Piece of cake)
Much appreciated!! Thanks for the help!!! :)

Thankx for the update :)

jeff.

Back