Garage foundation

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amshute

Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm planning to make an offer to purchase on a home that has the concrete foundation in place (including the conc. floor) for a 2-car garage adjacent to the house. The home is 13 years old but I do not know how long ago the foundation was constructed. I am wondering if there is any reason to be concerned about the integrity of the concrete given that the top surface has been exposed to the elements for some time now. Visually, there are not signs of deterioration except for some minor cracks in the conc. floor. Also, could this foundation be suitable for a finished room addition as well? Thanks for any feedback!

Build it before it gets away!! I wonder how many of us wish they had a floor and foundation to start from? If I had a floor and a foundation, I wouldn't rest until I had something standing on it. Minor cracks? Not a problem, do with it what you will. For a garage, about a third of the work is done when the floor is poured. Yes yes yes-yes-yes you neeeeeeeeeeeeed a garage built soon!

Yeap, now we all get to foam at the mouth about your new project.
Dont forget to post pictures for anyone else interested in these types of projects.

One thing to consider is a clear span beam so you dont have a post in the middle.

I am installing a large addition to my house in the spring, I will post it!!

Waiting for the thaw,(Insert anxious smilie here)
InspectorD

Welcome to the site, pull up a chair.
(I'm suprised at you Square Eye):rolleyes:
You owe this guy a song!!
Dont make me do it!!:D

the only real problemi can forsee is thatthe concrete will be a tough foe for setting up walls .generally concrete tends to get harder the longer it set naking drilling and nailing into much more difficult.but i agree if its there and you have the time you must build it and they will come.

Back