Foundation repair questions ??

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crocket

Reaction score
Looking to buy a rancher home with foundation repairs done 15 months ago by a local contractor. The windows and sliding doors in the room above function properly but I am concerned about the quality of workmanship. Any opinions would be most appreciated.

gail 034.jpg

gail 040.jpg

gail 037.jpg

gail 048.jpg

Last edited:
The repair looks good but I am no expert. Did they solve the water problem at the same time? The insulation in the floor should not have paper on it. Vapour barier is always on the warm side and the cold side need to be vented.

I was so intent with concern about the repairs that I didn't notice those other marks on the bottom row of block. The floor seems very dry and it has a layer of white plastic covering it.

Thank you for responding.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the repairs pictured are anything but "good." To someone accustomed to performing sloppy work, they may be good. We all have different quality standards.

The concrete blocks show many debonded joints, a lot of the mortar is poorly/sloppily applied (as if done by someone not trained or skilled in masonry), and the wooden stake protruding from one of the horizontal joints doesn't belong there. The overall repair appears too haphazard, lacking any logical sequence or format. But if you are happy with the work, that's what counts most.

The last block stemwall foundation I repaired had the owner commenting during his final inspection that he couldn't see where the repairs had been performed.

Back