Brick porch replacement

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevosaurus

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm considering purchasing a 1912 Craftsman house that is in all respects in very good shape (basement foundations look stable, etc.) *but* the brick/concrete front porch may very well need to be replaced. It's settled a lot, slanting outward a bit, and there is some slight bulging of the outer wall. The front of the roof rests on the porch columns, so this is a huge structural concern. I don't have anywhere close to the knowledge to replace the porch myself, but am wondering if anyone knows what a job like this might cost.

Welcome to the site, pictures and measurements would help. We can talk about what needs to be done, but any guess on cost would be just that .

Many variable here, including the foundation/footing. If they are gone, you looking at a complete tear off. However, you might enjoy reusing someof the old brick for historical and cost savings (a bit). Demolition must include hauling of the debris. What you build to replace it is the cost factor ... a new all brick porch would be historically accurate ... or would it? Why not check for old photos or plans to see if the original porch was wood, not brick? If brick, then you know what you need to do. If wood, then a whole new adventure awaits you!

Send pictures. Where do you live? What do other homes look like in your neighborhood?

PORCH.jpg

PORCH 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back