Hardwood flooring installation

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tk4480

Reaction score
Hi,

I am buying a new house(new construction). We have vinyl flooring in kitchen, breakfast area and foyer. We are planning to change vinyl to hardwood floors.

I have checked prices online on lowes,home depot and lumber liquidators. I have a few questions and I would really appreciate any suggestions/tips:

1. Is it ok to have hardwood flooring in kitchen?
2. Aprrox area for flooring is around 800 sqft. we have been liking samples anywhere around $2to $4 per sqft but not sure how much labour cost would be for installation.

Thanks,

Hi,

I am buying a new house(new construction). We have vinyl flooring in kitchen, breakfast area and foyer. We are planning to change vinyl to hardwood floors.

I have checked prices online on lowes,home depot and lumber liquidators. I have a few questions and I would really appreciate any suggestions/tips:

2. Aprrox area for flooring is around 800 sqft. we have been liking samples anywhere around $2to $4 per sqft but not sure how much labour cost would be for installation.

Thanks,
You can but you have to ask yourself (Kitchen)-do I spill much on the floor, do I drop sharp objects on the floor, ( foyer) do I come in with wet, dirty, muddy shoes. All of these have impacts on wood flooring. I installed Tile in these area's and am very glad I did but I would at least tile the Foyer.
It depends on weather it is prefished or not, if you called home depot they will give you a sqft price but remeber thats site unseen but will give you an idea.
It depends on weather it is prefished or not, if you called home depot they will give you a sqft price but remeber thats site unseen but will give you an idea.

Back