grout lines in shower

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leal

Reaction score
Ok, a couple of q,s.
Im using 4 inch stone tile, im guessing 1/8 space all the way around, floor and walls. Should i go bigger?
If i use 1/8 or bigger lines, can i use sanded grout on walls and floor?
Should i use nonsanded grout?
Thanks

Ok, a couple of q,s.
Im using 4 inch stone tile, im guessing 1/8 space all the way around, floor and walls. Should i go bigger?
If i use 1/8 or bigger lines, can i use sanded grout on walls and floor?
Should i use nonsanded grout?
Thanks

Its all a matter of what you want really. I use 1/8 inch lines on everything I do and yes sanded is fine for 1/8 and larger :)

I'm using 1/8" grout lines with 4" tiles in my shower...honestly I wouldn't use any larger grout lines as I feel it draws attention away from the tiles to the grout...but to each his own...

I was told, not to use sanded grout for the walls because it will not fill the entire line, and that nonsanded grout will. This guy said that the sanded grout will start to come out. And that it will also let water threw.

So you guys think its ok to use sanded grout all the way around. Cool

I was told, not to use sanded grout for the walls because it will not fill the entire line, and that nonsanded grout will. This guy said that the sanded grout will start to come out. And that it will also let water threw.

So you guys think its ok to use sanded grout all the way around. Cool

Sanded is perfectly fine on walls. What this person told you holds true only if the grout likes are tiny ( smaller than an 1/8 ).

Back