Hobbies other than home repair.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do quail even have enough meat to eat? I used to raise them and they were tiny-- but maybe I just had some pygmy kind or something. I loved the sounds they made and we got a ton of eggs from them. Itty bitty eggs....

We had a friend who had chickens in town (but he kept them inside a fenced in yard) and his wife wanted the eggs. They hadn't started laying, so my father snuck over and put some quail eggs in the nests. The guy's wife thought they were awfully small, but was happy. Then he slipped a duck egg in. Then he slipped in one of our chicken eggs (our chickens laid "jumbo" eggs) and then he slipped in a goose egg. Then the guy's wife made him sleep in the chickenyard to watch the chickens to see if they were actually laying the eggs.

I haven't given up on DIY renovations and repair, but just six months before I retired my wife and I discovered motorcycles. And after I retired (at 67) I had plenty of time to pursue it. Throw in my love of camping and I was alive again. Some of you--notably the senior crew--might find the whole process of interest. I've chronicled much of it on my blog, and I hope you'll get a taste of it at http://www.latelifebiker.com

I got one just like that.

YES you do.....as far as I know. you, my sister , me are the only ones that have one

I finally am catching a break mail to you going out tomorrow. be looking for a package

I have been working on AR 15 singlepoint slings

and have invented this. it is a paracord single point, with adjustable strap
and a detachable 3 way clip, using mil spec hook

anyone want one. pm me. 200' of 50 cord
i can make it to fit kids, girls or big xxxl guys

DSCN4715.jpg

DSCN4714.jpg

DSCN4713.jpg

DSCN4712.jpg

DSCN4711.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't given up on DIY renovations and repair, but just six months before I retired my wife and I discovered motorcycles. And after I retired (at 67) I had plenty of time to pursue it. Throw in my love of camping and I was alive again. Some of you--notably the senior crew--might find the whole process of interest. I've chronicled much of it on my blog, and I hope you'll get a taste of it at http://www.latelifebiker.com

Thanks for the link to your blog and I read a bit of it this morning. Being only a little behind you I should be retiring about this time next year. I could have retired last year this time as they offered me a great package to take then or the offer to take it again in two years. Every day the thought goes thru my head why am I going to work again. LOL. I have always said it is a personal thing, some can’t wait to retire some enjoy the work life and just don’t feel ready yet. I was a bit in the middle last year.

Something like your blog is a great asset as I’m a firm believer retirement should be looked at as a starting point not an ending point. :)

No Robert Pirsig references?!

Frodo, those are really cool.

I wish I could remember what I saw the other day that I thought would interest you, but my computer crashed and I forgot.

What do you call the little plastic clip thingies that snap together and where do you find them? I think I saw them in bulk made out of metal somewhere, but can't remember where or what the search parameters were.

And I saw this kind that is a whistle and fire-starting flint built in to a buckle. https://www.wish.com/c/56a23b9f7a0ba00dcb915117

Weird, eh?

Last edited:
playing guitar for the audience of me myself, and I
making model cars, and designing them
playing shade tree mechanic
trail biking

I mess around with my '67 GTO. I've had it for 7 years. It was my Dad's car since '91. It's a decent driver but will never be done!

That sure brings back memories. I had a 66 GTO back in my younger days. One I shouldn't have let go.

Last edited:
I have a neglected hobby.
A 1970 Z-28 Pro Street. Tube chassis, strut front end, 4 link rear, hooked to an aerospace modular aluminum 9" rear /40 spline /spool. Set up for BBC pro charged Motor & Rossler 210 air shifted trans.
Problem with this hobby is life seems to get in the way, so it is a dust collector these days.

Few More... Fabricating is relaxing, when I can find the time.

Back