DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > General Chit-Chat > Hobbies other than home repair.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:26 PM  
Guru of nothing
Liked 433 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 60

I will sure look like a redneck going down the road

zannej Likes This 
Old 08-14-2015, 04:21 AM  
Liked 227 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 1298

Do quail even have enough meat to eat? I used to raise them and they were tiny-- but maybe I just had some pygmy kind or something. I loved the sounds they made and we got a ton of eggs from them. Itty bitty eggs....

We had a friend who had chickens in town (but he kept them inside a fenced in yard) and his wife wanted the eggs. They hadn't started laying, so my father snuck over and put some quail eggs in the nests. The guy's wife thought they were awfully small, but was happy. Then he slipped a duck egg in. Then he slipped in one of our chicken eggs (our chickens laid "jumbo" eggs) and then he slipped in a goose egg. Then the guy's wife made him sleep in the chickenyard to watch the chickens to see if they were actually laying the eggs.

People Like This