How do I re-grout marble tile shower walls?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paint on tile. You might try softening the glue with vinegar
Thanks!
I've got plenty of white vinegar, on hand that I use for cleaning. This will soften the adhesive and not ruin the existing paint?

paint on tile. You might try softening the glue with vinegar
FWIW, the yellow paint pattern is not on the tile but rather appears to be baked into it.

62470d1454601948-marble-tile-shower-ceramic-tile.jpg

You may get additional info from the Liquid Nails people about removing their stuff.
UPDATE: Here's what the "Liquid Nails Expert" wrote back to me: "...all you could possibly do is coat it in petroleum jelly for ~12 hours than use a plastic scrapper and a mineral spirit rag to try and get it off.".

UPDATE: Here's what the "Liquid Nails Expert" wrote back to me: "...all you could possibly do is coat it in petroleum jelly for ~12 hours than use a plastic scrapper and a mineral spirit rag to try and get it off.".

Not very encouraging, but at least they offered some advice. Petroleum jelly, hmmmm. At least you don't have to go the drug store for a quart of KY:clap:

How would you fix these areas?

The shower corners appear to be caulked from top to bottom. I removed existing caulk, where there's some minor mold, at bottom.
63211d1456208079-marble-tile-shower-marble-tile5.jpg

The wall to base joints, however appear to have been grouted originally then caulked over. I removed the caulk and scored the grout lines.
63212d1456208156-marble-tile-shower-marble-tile6.jpg

Once you have all the mold out clean those areas with denatured alcohol and caulk them. If you are re grouting the rest of the joints, do that first.

Thanks!
Correct me, if I'm wrong but the wall to base joint should've been done with caulk just like the corners. If that's the case, what should be done at the wall to base joints? Again, it appears to have been grouted originally then caulked over but I removed the caulk and scored the grout lines.

Thanks!
Some say applying caulk over a grouted joint is not a good plan. Remove what grout is there, clean, allow to dry well, then caulk. Thoughts?

Or how about this stuff?
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awgapRjOShY[/ame]

Last edited:
that appears to be cultured marble, not marble.

if that is the case. caulk it with silicone

Back