Leaky Sink

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jncwbb

Reaction score
The water in our sink is leaking out of the top of the ring connecting the neck of our fixture to the base. this is a brand-new fixture, replaced due to the exact same problem happening with our old system.

any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

buy a fixture made out of something that does not leak. if the other one did it it is either defective or you are installing it wrong. RTM

Hello JNC:
I perceive you may be talking about the sink faucet. The neck usually has an "O-ring" or two around it and a collar that slips over the neck and screws onto the base. If this is the case you could take it apart again and inspect the o-ring(s); if it/they are in good shape you need to carefully adjust the torque on the collar. If it is too lose you get a leak; too tight you damage the o-rings and cause a leak also. There is a range of "happy medium" there and it will work just right, allowing the neck to swing from side to side and preventing any leaks. I realize you may have been talking about something entirely different but this is the picture that was painted in my mind; let me know how it turns out for you.

Back