Sports

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite professional sport?

• Baseball

• Basketball

• Football

• Hockey

• Soccer

• Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.

dakuda

Reaction score
Which profession sport does everyone here prefer?

My preference is probably pretty obvious.

Need another option, "None of the above"

Baseball. I play it, so that's probably why, although watching any sports game for any length of time is excruciating.

I'm surprised to see Baseball overtaking Football. Although I don't like either, I always thought Football was the biggie.

I like one on one sports. UFC, Tennis, Billiards even Golf sometimes. Boxing before Don King made it akin to Professional Wrestling.

I'm surprised to see Baseball overtaking Football. Although I don't like either, I always thought Football was the biggie.

I like one on one sports. UFC, Tennis, Billiards even Golf sometimes. Boxing before Don King made it akin to Professional Wrestling.

I like UFC too, but not as much as my wife does. She plans things around it and goes and watches it with her brother.

I like UFC too, but not as much as my wife does. She plans things around it and goes and watches it with her brother.
Some women are really into it. Then some Women really love Football.

My wife is luckily not one of those. I can watch a 25 minute title bout, but four hours spent watching a ball move back and forth does not sound like a good time to me.

I agree, I couldn't watch basketball for that reason. Now Baseball is a different thing. Just like Tennis. Some of the players make some horrendous plays. I love watching the highlights of a baseball game. Especially the infielders. Some of the plays they make are amazing. Same with Tennis players. Football??? Just neanderthals...

I love sports and will go to any event but I just can't get into watching any on TV, although I don't watch much TV at all anyway. Something about sitting still for a few hours I can't do.

I like the live games. The energy is good, but I can't get into most sports I can't play. I need to be able to play it to enjoy it.

On TV, I love Formula 1 racing and it is best to watch on TV. Unfortunately, most of the races require you to see them alive at 1:00 AM or 6:00AM, except for the Canadian and Brazil races. The U.S. just manged to get a Formula 1 back. Formula is not like Indy car racing.

Being there is an experience to get the feel, but because such a long track, it is not staged for fans and you see little in the bleachers. TV provides a better view and information on the whys and strategies. No pit stops allowed for fuel (what you start with is all you get), only for tires where at least one change is required.

It does dwarf NASCAR since there is little interest in the rest of the world. Most people do not want to waste their time watching nondescript tanks bang each other around only to get it finished in a finish that is delayed and scripted to provide more advertising time.

Each Formula 1 race is seen by over 1,000,000,000 people.

Dick

Last edited:
Sorry about the mess Ol dog... but those UCONN HUSKIES are a little worked up right now!!
Good to see they got Both Championships!1 They worked hard for them... I just wonder how the Big east feels now that the kicked em out..:trophy:

Thank you Lord..I was Born a Boston Fan..:D
And my wife is UCONN alumni... me ..I just went there for the girls.:banana::banana:

Back