Greetings from a newbie/mom

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GayleDu

Reaction score
Hi everyone-
Not only am I new to this site, I am new to forums in general. I am looking forward to exchanging ideas and getting feedback from you knowledgeable and helpful people.
I've lived in Southern California my entire life and last year my husband and I were able to move our family out of our cramped 1300 sq. ft. home to a new, beautiful 3200 sq. ft. house on a cul-de-sac with an incredible view. What a blessing! It's a lot of work and sacrifice, but well worth it. We've put a huge amount of effort into the yard--almost 1/2 acre pie-shaped lot that is mostly downslope and baking in the hot Calif. sun. We cut in switchbacks for access and planted mostly low maintainance, drought tolerant plants. The kids love running around out there, especially the last few days as we just acquired our first dog (a 3-month lab mix from a local shelter.)
I have a few questions and concerns about the house I'll be bringing up in the appropriate areas in the forum, but for now. . .it's nice to be here!

Glad to have you here, and WELCOME!!

Stick around, put in your two cents worth, and just be friendly type, as we like to interact with everyone. Any questions? Our "experts" will advise you, and me? I throw in my two cents for what its worth, and a wee bit extra for the collection plate:)

Some times my advice is good, other times, its off the beaten track as no one would think of it, the way I think...(Yes, they DO only let me out, mostly on the weekends, and only if my wife promises to keep all open flames and sharp instruments away from me...BUT... what she doesnt know........ ... ..:) LOL!!).

Ok, once again, welcome and dont be a stranger!

Jesse

Hey Jessie-
Thanks for the howdy-do, and also for the good tips on the "Bath" link re. our mysterious bathroom odor. I knew the warmer temp has some connection to the increased odor but no idea how. I'll get a plumber to check into your suggestions.
Gayle

Welcome Gayle,

Many people read and some join, only some of those who join actually post. I am glad to see you taking the plunge and posting an introduction and a couple of other posts too! Stick around, There are regulars here who only post when they feel like they can be of service. Then there are those who post often and are willing to check the flavor of a shoe once in a while. I like to see many replies to posts, it gives a lot of room for imagination and experience to mingle. Creativity results.

Ramble ramble ramble, Glad you're here. Get comfy and stay a while.
Tom in KY

Square Eye said:
Welcome Gayle,

Many people read and some join, only some of those who join actually post. I am glad to see you taking the plunge and posting an introduction and a couple of other posts too! Stick around, There are regulars here who only post when they feel like they can be of service. Then there are those who post often and are willing to check the flavor of a shoe once in a while.

Yeppers, thats ME!! Lots of folks wish I would shut up once in a while, as I will post to just about anything :) Give my two cents worth to hear myself talk, and see how many words I can mispell...

Some times I even make sense! (On those rare occasions I am lucid in thoughts...and have permission from the Wife to express my opinion...As long as she approves of it, because you know a woman is always right! ROTFLOL!!! JUST ASK MY WIFE! ;) )...

Ok, 'nuff of my tom foolery for today...next post please???

Tom-
Thanks for the welcome. Although I'm not too familiar with chatting online, I feel this avenue of shared interest and knowledge with helpful people will be not only useful but interesting. I've already had beneficial feedback! I may even be able to contribute sometime as I know a little of decorative painting and mural work.
Nice to meet you,
Gayle

Latest posts

Back