Central AC wasn't working, now suddenly is.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbooth42

Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago (during the hottest part of summer of course!), my Trane AC unit stopped working. Nothing was running -- seemed like no power was getting to the unit at all. I didn't have money to call a repair technician immediately, so my family and I just tried to bear it. After about 10 days of not working, all of a sudden we noticed that cold air was blowing into the house again. I went out to check the central air unit, and it was running like a champ. I had changed the fuses about 2 days prior just to see if that's what the original problem had been, and once it started working, I double-checked all of the wiring harnesses/connections I could find. All seems to be alright.

So, I'm happy that it's working again, but do I need to be concerned about a more dangerous electrical problem? I don't want to put my family at greater risk if there's the real potential that there could be a frayed wire somewhere risking a fire. Any suggestions?

Back