1-800 GOT JUNK is a rip off

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about the hassle. But I've heard some bad things about that company. I believe it is a lot of independent franchise owners, so there is no real consistency on the way they do business. When I need stuff picked up, I usually get a neighborhood kid with a truck to come by and take it all. He'll do it for a few bucks. If its stuff that people could use, I list it free on Craigslist and a lot of it will get picked up that way.

-------------------
Remodeling Oklahoma City One House at a Time!

around here you would be paying like $40 a load at the dump so that's $200 right there so $500 might be high but I'd do It all day for $300.

Corporate franchises fall back on the company line that they "have to maintain their parent company's pricing structure" but independent operations can adjust price on load type which is flexible depending on the type of materials you are off loading.

I still find it odd, as diyers we have one thing in common. Once in a while we have to hire a pro because we might be over our head with a project. There is one job that every one is qualified to do, no permit required, no failing grade. We should be able to get the junk out or are we just interested in showing off all the pritty new things we have.

I had about 2 or 3 trucks full of junk. (Ford Ranger) I booked on online appointment with 1 800 got junk. I normally just take it to the dump myself but I was busy and in a hurry.

They showed up ontime. Nice clean truck. One clean cut guy and one hippie sorta guy with a Indian choker thing.

They quoted me a price of 500 bucks.

500 bucks!!!!!!!

I told them I'd spot them lunch for coming out but that was "way too f**** much."

Then it got sorta ugly. The next thing I know Im haggling with the hippie over how much I could afford to pay. They agreed to take it all for 300 bucks. Still a rip off but I couldn't spend the whole day going back and forth to the dump.

They took the big stuff and I signed the invoice and they took off. Then I realized they left a whole bunch of s***. ( I couldnt see behind the truck) And didn't even think about sweeping up.

I complained of course but basically they said they would give me a discount on the next pickup. After I dinked around on the internet I found other people have had troubles too.

Avoid them.

oc
I have a junk removal service in Mobile Alabama. I charge $250 for a 16ft trailer with 2ft sides. 800 got junk is full of it. They send that tiny truck and got the nerve to ask for $500. SMMFH.

Other junk removal company's have popped up since I opened in Mobile Alabama. They have 800 gotjunks business motto. Stick'em hard and fast and charge them through the roof.

The thing to know is that they charge by volume. The more you break stuff down, the cheaper it will be. They won't tell you this unless you ask how they charge.

Back